Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Why, hello there


I'm at 11 weeks today. Here is my little chicken nugget with legs (so sayeth Pregnant Chicken*). It had a heartbeat of 172 and was wiggling around! My husband loved the movements, and he keeps doing an impression of the kiddo by waving his arms and legs while laying on his back. I'm pretty sure that they are related. *wink* The tech said the kiddo is measuring on time and does not appear to have the neck thickening that is sometimes present with children who have Downs Syndrome.

It is getting really hard for my husband not to tell people that we are pregnant. This is what happens when you tell people that you want to start a family! I am pretty sure that one of my classmates from my 1L section knows what's up. She asked me "what was new" a few times in the course of two days and she keeps looking at my lower stomach (which is huge thanks to bloating). No one at school knows, but I have decided to tell my closest school friend in a week and a half when we go out for "drinks." I will be more than 12 weeks at that point, and even though we aren't telling most people until week 13, I really need another person in my life to know what is going on. She will be thrilled!

As for telling everyone else, we are moving at the end of the month just days after I hit the second trimester. We'll start calling people after we move, and then post something on Facebook after that. It will be weird telling everyone what is going on. At least they won't think that I'm bloating for no apparent reason.

*If you're pregnant, you should sign up for Pregnant Chicken's weekly emails. They really brighten up those early weeks of pregnancy when everything sucks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment