Friday, June 14, 2013

Over the sea

My stomach was not feeling so great yesterday. I think it was a combination of low-grade nausea and a sour stomach. I've been keeping Sea Bands in my backpack since I discovered that I was pregnant, and yesterday was the first day that I had used them.

Here's the thing about Sea Bands: they're not particularly attractive. They look a lot like sweatbands. 



They feel tight on my wrists for the first hour or so, which makes me want to take them off. But once that feeling passes, I feel better. I was able to pay attention in class, although I was slightly distracted by my own fashion choice. Since you have to wear one Sea Band on each wrist, the effect is a little silly. Maybe I will buy a second pair so they don't have to match. Maybe I can put some bracelets over one. 

I was a little worried that people noticed that I was wearing Sea Bands, but honestly, I don't think that most people know what they are or use them regularly enough to jump to any conclusions about why I was wearing them. 

Still, I worry. I have been skipping out on informal bar reviews for a while now, and I have been trying to set up lunch dates rather than drinks dates. I hope that I can keep this up for six more weeks or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment