Saturday, June 8, 2013

Keeping secrets

By far, the toughest thing about being pregnant in law school so far is hiding it. Unlike most of my classmates, I am taking classes this summer in order to lighten my load in the fall semester so that I can do a special part-time internship. Exhaustion really kicked in this week. After my longer days of class, I immediately brushed my teeth and went to bed. I did not have the energy to set up my computer or do anything else for days.

There was a miniature bar review this week that I set up, but I ended up not going because I was so exhausted. I have started to feel better in the last couple of days, but I am definitely not at my full energy levels. We're having a barbecue at home this weekend, which will be my first test drive for fake drinking and staying awake in front of other people.

The next problem will be clothes. While I can make do with my pants and bella bands, I tend to wear my T-shirts kind of tight. I wandered a few clearance sections today to find looser shirts. I know that I have not yet gained any weight, but I do not want to suddenly start wearing breezy tops one day because people will notice the sudden shift in wardrobe. I figure that I can slowly work them in over time. 

We have not yet told anyone that I am pregnant. I have one very good friend at school that I would like to tell, but I still think it is too early. A friend of mine suffered a miscarriage, so I am acutely aware of the possibility of losing a baby. I had told myself that I should not get too attached, but it is hard not to. It is growing inside of me! Having this baby will require a lot of planning that I have to start right now. I am very hopeful that things will continue to go well, but if they do not, I do have a great support system in place. I just need to tell them first.

No comments:

Post a Comment