Sunday, August 18, 2013

Stretching it out

We shared the news with everyone, including my classmates, after my last class. It went over very well! I have not run into any of my classmates since, but many of them have sent their congratulations. If there are any negative opinions, I am sure that I won't hear them until I return to school.

This week, I went back to visit some friends in the state that I worked in before going back to law school. It was wonderful seeing so many friends, including a couple of particularly close friends. Several of them have babies or are pregnant, so I sought their advice. One of them gave me a whole bunch of maternity clothes that she didn't wear during her pregnancy, which was so incredibly nice. A bunch of the things she gave me are work-appropriate. I also visited a Goodwill location in my old town and picked up a maternity button-up shirt, a cardigan that I can wear now and keep open when I'm larger and a plaid shirt. For some reason, I am obsessed with the idea of wearing a cute plaid shirt with a belt once I am showing.

I am starting an internship tomorrow, and I will need to tell my new employer that I am pregnant before it becomes too obvious and weird if I didn't mention it. My advisor told me that pregnant students at my school have not had a problem obtaining internships and summer associate positions, so I remain hopeful that it will be the same way when I have to apply for more internships later this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment